Saturday, January 31, 2009

Saturday Cruise

Everything in life is somewhere else, and you get there in a car.
~E.B. White, One Man's Meat, 1943

I had my first driving lesson today. Honestly, I never really cared much about cars, how to drive them, or whatever it is other people find so fascinating about cars. If it wasn't for the fact that I am the only 21 years old in the universe (okay, at least in my social circle) without a driving license, I would prefer being chauffeured around for the rest of my life. hihi:-)
I guess that's peer pressure for you.

So, I did enjoy the experience behind the wheel. Apparently to get the real thing moving is much easier than handling bumper cars or one of those race cars at game arcades.
I DESPISE bumper car because all it does is ram
into other cars despite my godly patience in maneuvering it. I never figured out the civilized way of driving a bumper car, so I made a point to stay away from them.
Now that I have known the joy of a REAL, 'flesh and blood' car, I would take on any go-carting or car bumping challenge any
day (kununla)..haha

Anyway, the best part was : I had fun and I learned something.
cliche but, good enough 4 me:)
.

.
.
.

Driving is not the only milestone I achieved this week, ice-skating is another.
Let's just say that I need more practice because body
balance is not, and never have been one of
my talents.


Nevertheless,
2009 is all about breaking away from established habits ,
it's about taking chan
ces,
it's about treading on an unfamiliar path an
d see where it leads you..

Right now,
I foresee a thinning purse and annoying aching joints..

In the long
run,
I will look back and not ask "what if?"

(n_n)/
.
.
.

* I Was Here


* Sakit Kaki


* Ice, Ice babes



* Group Love



* THIS IS JESS, WHOSE LIFE FINALLY GETS INTERESTING


1 comment:

RiEn_Akio said...

Well-said, Hun! Hahaha! Let's see hw adventurous we really are! LOL