Friday, January 2, 2009

Vintage Findings

Nostalgia:

sentimental recollection: a mixed feeling of happiness, sadness, and longing when recalling a person, place, or event from the past, or the past in general


I’m a pack rat.

I never throw anything away. My room is packed with old stuff from god knows when. So I decided to clean ‘em up and classify them into either “useless” or “useful” category, with the former going straight to the trash bin. I started with the little boxes under the study table..found old birthday gifts, cards, scented candles..and..this

.

.

.

.

***

18th Birthday card from Dedz, Elvie, Niza, and BB. The biggest birthday card I ever received. Just so you girls know, the card still gets me all teary-eyed..hihi.


***

Going through the dusty boxes, it feels like going down the memory lane..retracing the steps taken, re-living the years gone by….this got me feeling all nostalgic and sentimental..



My high school student card. Notice the hideous hair and large forehead?



My first English novel bought at a book fair. Some lame college love story.




I still have this Eminem poster on my door. Never had the time to remove it.




A few books that I sneaked out borrowed’ from the maktab’s library.




Diskettes and floppy drive…. Even these survived


***

In the end, I didn’t throw anything away.

Cannot bring myself to throw anything away.

Those are old memories, the witnesses of my past.

Now I don’t have to worry about forgetting,

I’m surrounded with them.

4 comments:

RiEn_Akio said...

Aww... Jess...!!! U still keep da card!!! ^3^ Ureshii desu!!! Haha! Sy pn pack rat tau! My room now looks more like a store room than a bed room! LOL XD

Miss Jess_Lyne said...

I did, thank god i did! haha. Same with me, i could never keep track of things in my room, it's a jungle in there!

Elvie Dechantal said...

Awww..u still keep dat BIG card! im not so much of a pack rat, tho. main buang jak benda2 yg xmau sdh ni.

Miss Jess_Lyne said...

Just as long as you don't throw important stuff, ok la..hehe