Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The FedEx Tribute

"I can go on with the rest of my career in peace knowing I don't have to worry about never winning Roland Garros" - Roger Federer

I've seen him crying on two occasions.
One, the heartbreaking tears at the Australian Open final.(blogged about it here)
Two, the relieved tears after winning his first French Open trophy(the pic above), thus completing a career slam.
On that Sunday night, as I watch the Greatest.Of.All.Time lifting up the Coupe des Mousquetaires , I knew that I have witnessed a moment of historic greatness. A privilege of a lifetime:)
14 Grand Slams and counting....
Congratulations Roger Federer!
Enjoy your throne in the pantheon of greats.



3 comments:

Donut said...

Glad to see you're not one of those who switched over to Nadal's bandwagon.

FedEX forevah!!

theroyalcrapster said...

i still prefer him to nadal. he is and always be the best!

only regret is the tourney that he lost to nadal on the final. that was the longest match time in the record!! (and he lost) but fret not, he's still got groove!

Miss Jess_Lyne said...

Go! go! FedEx! :)